Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fairytales and carriages...

After a wonderful weekend celebrating Tori's upcoming nuptials, I absolutely couldn't wait for her wedding. As usual, a weekend in Norway is never disappointing.

I met up with Sara on Thursday for last minute beauty buys and dinner. PS: the most amazing beauty product ever is Tarte Lipsurgence Lipstain. I'm completely addicted and it's totally worth the $24. I forgot how awesomely fun it is to shop with Sara! She always knows about product reviews and is super budget conscious, so she won't let you splurge too much. We had a great night giggling, catching up, playing dress up, and trading clothes. We even got some organization in and decluttered our make up bags.

We woke up early the next AM and headed to Orangeburg for some bridesmaids pampering. We loved getting great Shellac manicures and being able to chat it up with all the bridesmaids before the big day. Tori's aunt's threw us a beautiful bridesmaids' luncheon that afternoon. It was just lovely. We had mimosas and appetizers in Aunt Debbie's beautiful gazebo before a lovely lunch on her porch. It was a perfect afternoon beside the water. It was tranquil and peaceful....but still all a buzz with excitement for the next day.

We were able to relax for several hours before we all got ready for the rehearsal. Jordan's parents threw a lovely dinner and I most of all loved laughing at embarrassing childhood pics of our beloved Jordy. Did I mention that before dinner, I wiped out on the farmhouse's front porch steps immediately after Mr. Ellenberg gave a prayer? Oh yeah...that left a bruise for about 3 weeks.

We were all eager and ready when Tori's wedding day finally arrived. We had a relaxed AM and enjoyed all getting ready together and building up all the excitement. Tori's ceremony was wonderful and to say that the reception was grand would be an understatement. The food was A-mazing and I got a little too friendly with the bartenders and the nice boy making freshly squeezed lemonade. Luckily, Aunt Debbie was available to rub my back while I worshipped Tori's bathroom trash can....classy, I know. Did I mention that my groomsman is beautiful and looks just like a professional basketball player...ironically, he played football.

I had such an amazing time and can easily say that this was the BEST WEDDING EVER! I love Norway, SC, the Ellenbergs, the Garricks, friends of both families and fresh squeezed lemonade.

Here are a few pics that I couldn't avoid posting:



 I'm adopting this child. Miss Mackay and I had the best weekend!




Jordan, thank you for the opportunity to wear a Native American headdress; this was a wedding first for me.


Am I the only one who thinks that Jermaine, Mackay and I make a beautiful family?

No comments:

Post a Comment